Class Teacher required ASAP
Churchfields Primary School is seeking excellent classroom teachers to join our forward thinking and supportive staff team.
Churchfields is a two form entry school with an Ofsted grading of “Good with outstanding features”. We have 460 well behaved, enthusiastic children, and excellent facilities within a modern building. We invest heavily in supporting our staff and provide them with opportunities for progression and development. We take pride in the quality of teaching and learning in the school.
Applications are welcome from teachers who want to make a difference and aspire to ensure our children achieve excellence.
Visit the school: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to discuss the role before you apply.
Closing Date: Noon on Friday 24th January 2020. We consider applications on receipt, so your early response is encouraged. Please download the associated documents. Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com. CVs are not accepted.
Days/Weeks/Hours: 32 hours a week Mon-Fri Term Time Only + INSET Days
Salary Scale BR4 11-13 Pro Rata
Churchfields Primary School is looking for an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support class teachers starting in September 2019.
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they have:
- A good working knowledge of the National Curriculum.
- Relevant qualifications (GCSEs in English & Maths Grade C or above).
- The ability to express themselves effectively orally and in writing.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to use these to build and maintain professional working relationships with parents/carers and staff.
- The physical stamina to make an effective contribution to children’s learning both indoors and outdoors.
- Recent experience of working within a school setting.
- A good sense of humour.
- A clear understanding of inclusion and equal opportunities issues.
- The ability to act calmly and quickly when under pressure.
A first aid qualification is desirable but not essential.
SEN Teaching Assistant
Churchfields Primary School is looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant, to join our Additionally Resourced Unit provision for Children with Severe and Complex Needs. NVQ Level 2 or equivalent and excellent literacy and numeracy skills are essential and experience of working with children in KS1 and KS2 is desirable.
Applicants will need to have experience of working with children with special educational needs and an understanding of the barriers to learning for children with Autism and communication difficulties. They must be able to work effectively with the whole school team and outside agencies to provide a high level of support for the pupils and to provide them with a safe and secure learning environment. You must be able to use your initiative, be flexible to deal with all eventualities and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. An awareness of issues relating to working with children is essential; as is the understanding of the need to work within school policies and procedures.
You will be patient and caring combined with the ability to:
- build good relationships with children
- work closely with parents and other professionals
- plan suitable activities and keep the children motivated at all stages
- provide pastoral care and support to children and provide them with a secure environment to learn
- organising learning materials and resources
- make imaginative use of resources
- actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace
- be able to use their own initiative and have a good standard of written English
Afterschool Club Assistant
Days/Weeks/Hours Mon- Fri 2.45pm to 6.30pm Term Time Only
Salary Scale: Dependent on Experience
We are looking to appoint motivated Afterschool Club Assistants.
Churchfields Primary School is seeking to employ approachable and friendly people who enjoy working with children to make up our new team of highly skilled professionals that will provide our in-house After School Club.
You must be able to communicate well with parents/carers as well as internal and external colleagues.
You should be able to work on your own initiative, as part of a team and take direction from the Club Supervisor to ensure that high quality activities for children aged 4 to 11 are delivered whilst ensuring Health & Safety is maintained at all times.
Level 2 Food Hygiene and First Aid Certificates are desirable however appropriate training will be provided in specific areas for the successful candidates. All applicants will be expected to undertake training as and when necessary depending on children’s needs within the Club, this may include first aid and epi pen training.
Please be advised that early applications are preferable, as the school reserves the right to interview and appoint upon receipt of application and close any position once a successful appointment has been made.
These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.