We are recruiting class teachers, midday assistants and a Teaching Assistant with a named child in Year Two.
We believe that “the quality of an education system cannot exceed the quality of its teachers” (McKinsey 2007). The recruitment, retention and development of high quality teachers is our highest priority.
Churchfields is a great place to work. We are a popular two-form entry primary school in Beckenham, South-East London. We are very proud of our school and our fabulous children, fantastic staff team and supportive parent/carer community. We are very inclusive, with two Additionally Resourced Classes (ARC) for children with severe and complex needs.
We offer a high quality, well-resourced and carefully structured curriculum. High quality specialist teachers are employed to teach PE, art, computing and Spanish, allowing our teachers to focus on core and foundation provision. We offer extensive extra-curricular provision and promote pupil leadership roles. Our school building is modern, well maintained and excellently resourced, and we are very fortunate to have extensive grounds with lots of open space and a wonderful ‘Forest School’ provision.
Churchfields is located in a lovely residential area that is very popular with families, a short walk to South Norwood Country Park, near to historic Crystal Palace and close to the facilities of Beckenham. We have excellent transport links, being within walking distance of mainline stations, trams and bus routes. From Kent House station you can be in central London in just 20 minutes by train, or speed to Bromley South in 8 minutes, giving you quick access to the Kent countryside. In the context of south London, the area still remains relatively affordable, and many staff are able to live close to the school.
Q1E provides clear structures, excellent resources and outstanding professional development for staff. All teachers new to the Trust receive pre-induction training before starting in post. For Early Career Teachers, this means three weeks of paid training in July once you have finished your teacher training. We are an outward facing trust and we believe in learning from the best schools and systems - you will have lots of opportunity to watch outstanding practice and get involved in wider projects across our dynamic Trust.
A part time role may be available for the right candidate.
- Find out more: Please read the attached information pack for more information about the fantastic support and opportunities we offer, as well as our teacher job description and person specification.
- Application: Our Trust has a single application form so you can apply to more than one of our schools at the same time. Please submit your completed application and equal opportunities monitoring form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
- Visit us: We encourage you to contact us at email@example.com to arrange to visit the school before you apply.
If you share our collaborative ethos and our drive to provide an excellent quality first education for all, we really hope to hear from you.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please see the Q1E Teacher Candidate Pack, the Q1E Application form and the Q1E Equal Opportunities Form at the bottom of this page.
We are looking for enthusiastic Midday Assistants to be part of our team. If you love working with children and have a positive approach to helping organise lunchtime play activities this could be the job for you. Previous experience of working with children is an advantage but enthusiasm and willingness to work flexibly as part of a team are essential.
Churchfields is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
The position is 5 days per week Monday to Friday 8 hrs 45 minutes a week
For more information about this exciting opportunity please see the Midday Assistant job description, the Q1E Application form and the Q1E Equal Opportunities Form at the bottom of this page.
Teaching Assistant with a named child in Year Two
We are looking to recruit an experienced Teaching Assistant/ISA to support a Year Two child in a mainstream class.
We are looking for outstanding, talented people to join our team of education support staff.
- A varied and interesting role, with lots of room to grow;
- An exciting, dynamic school with a strong curriculum, high quality teaching, amazing opportunities for children and a relentless drive for excellence and equality;
- A friendly, supportive staff team;
- Excellent training - fantastic on-the-job learning and professional development once in the role;
- Active support for staff who are thinking of becoming a teacher in future.
- May be thinking about training to be a teacher in future (we can help you take the steps you need to get there!);
- Are committed, reliable, positive, enthusiastic, flexible, helpful and friendly;
- Have good literacy, numeracy, communication and IT skills;
- Have some experience of supporting or working with children;
- Have an interest in education and child development and are willing to learn;
- Ideally have some experience of working in a primary school (not essential);
- Ideally are educated to degree level (not essential).
- To support classroom learning, under the guidance of the teacher/lead person;
- To supervise and provide particular support for identified students;
- To motivate and support pupils to fulfil their potential;
- To prepare learning resources, displays and equipment;
- To assist teachers to develop lesson activities and teaching strategies;
- To help evaluate pupil achievements, progress and needs;
- To support with behaviour management;
- To accompany and support pupils on school visits and journeys;
- To provide personal care and assistance for pupils who require such support.
- Deadline for applications: 4pm Thursday 30th June 2022
- Interviews will take place in the week beginning 4th July 2022
- 25 hours per week (term time only)